The time period for this program has now ended. You can claim eligible expenses from your 2022 projects via your upcoming tax return.
Examples of Eligible Expenses we can help you with:
- furnace, boiler, woodstove, fireplace, water softener, water heater, and/or oil tank
- central air conditioner
- permanent home ventilation
- permanent reverse osmosis system
- septic system and/or wells
- electrical wiring upgrades (e.g., changing from 100 to 200 amps)
- kitchen, bathroom, and/or basement renovations
- solar panels and panel trackers
- Pool heat pumps
Total qualified expenses incurred between October 1, 2020, and December 31, 2021, in excess of $1,000 (base amount), but not more than $12,000 can be claimed on your 2021 tax return (maximum claim of $11,000 for 2021).
Total qualified expenses incurred between January 1, 2022, and December 31, 2022, in excess of $1,000 (base amount), but not more than $10,000, can be claimed on your 2022 tax return (maximum claim of $9,000 for 2022).
Eligible expenses must be supported by documents such as receipts or invoices and should clearly identify:
- the vendor/contractor including business address and (if applicable) their GST/HST registration number
- the type and quantity of goods purchased and/or services provided
- the dates when the goods and/or services were purchased or delivered
Invoices must by marked “paid” or be accompanied by other proof of payment such as credit card slips or cancelled cheques.