Examples of Eligible Expenses we can help you with:
- furnace, boiler, woodstove, fireplace, water softener, water heater, and/or oil tank
- central air conditioner
- permanent home ventilation
- permanent reverse osmosis system
- septic system and/or wells
- electrical wiring upgrades (e.g., changing from 100 to 200 amps)
- kitchen, bathroom, and/or basement renovations
- solar panels and panel trackers
- Pool heat pumps
Total qualified expenses incurred between October 1, 2020, and December 31, 2021, in excess of $1,000 (base amount), but not more than $12,000 can be claimed on your 2021 tax return (maximum claim of $11,000 for 2021).
Total qualified expenses incurred between January 1, 2022, and December 31, 2022, in excess of $1,000 (base amount), but not more than $10,000, can be claimed on your 2022 tax return (maximum claim of $9,000 for 2022).
Eligible expenses must be supported by documents such as receipts or invoices and should clearly identify:
- the vendor/contractor including business address and (if applicable) their GST/HST registration number
- the type and quantity of goods purchased and/or services provided
- the dates when the goods and/or services were purchased or delivered
Invoices must by marked “paid” or be accompanied by other proof of payment such as credit card slips or cancelled cheques.