1) Service Technician Plumber
The Plumbing Service Technician will apply their technical skills and knowledge in performing diagnostic, service, and installation of plumbing in residential and light commercial environments and ensure that work is performed in accordance with relevant codes. Responsibilities include assembling, installing or repairing pipes, fittings, or fixtures of heating, water, or drainage systems in accordance with plumbing code specifications.
► Primary responsibilities:
► Required knowledge, skills and abilities:
► Educational/certification requirements:
Apprentice Sheet Metal Technicians
Apprenticeship is a formal agreement between an individual who wants to learn a skill and an employer who needs a skilled worker
- Apprenticeship training is a multi-year “earning-while-learning” arrangement for a required term
- Apprentices have jobs in their desired field of work, and have signed a contract of apprenticeship with their employer and the Saskatchewan Apprenticeship and Trade Certification Commission
- Under the supervision of a certified journeyperson, an apprentice receives knowledge and develops skills through on-the-job training
- Apprenticeship skills learned on the job are supplemented with a required number of weeks of in-school technical training each year
- Upon successful completion of an apprenticeship program, you are eligible to write an examination to become a certified journeyperson in your trade
- What do Sheet Metal Workers do?
- Read engineering and architectural drawings, sketches and work specifications to be performed, and lay out, measure and mark sheet metal according to drawings or templates.
- Develop patterns for sheet metal using computer-assisted design and drafting (CAD) software package.
- Operate computerized laser or plasma cutting equipment to cut sheet metal.
- Operate light metalworking machines.
- Install sheet metal products according to specifications and building codes.
- What do Plumbers do?
- Read blueprints, drawings and specifications to determine layout of plumbing system, water supply network and waste and drainage system.
- Install, repair and maintain domestic, commercial or industrial plumbing fixtures and systems.
- Locate and mark positions for pipe connections, passage holes and fixtures in walls and floors.
- Installs hot water, steam and forced air heating systems.
- Join pipes using couplings, clamps, screws, bolts, cement or soldering, brazing and welding equipment.
- Test pipes for leaks using air and water pressure.
Drop resumes directly at our shop or email email@example.com